An event especially for Wageningen Plant Sciences alumni will be held in Rionegro, Colombia on the 10th and 11th of July 2017. The meeting is funded by EP-NUFFIC, The Netherlands, and is implemented in collaboration with the Universidad Católica De Oriente (UCO), La Corporación Colombiana de Investigación Agropecuaria (CORPOICA) and Deliflor BV.
Wageningen University and Research-Plant Breeding is organizing an alumni event with focus on smart technology in food and horticulture production for improved food security. Only Plant Sciences alumni are allowed to participate.
- Strengthening the link between Ep-NUFFIC, NFP-alumni, WUR-plant breeding, the relevant research institutes, universities and Dutch private sectors/organizations, especially in the area of sustainable food production and horticulture sectors.
- Enable the participants to share knowledge and upgrading their skills of the existing new technology.
- Stimulating networking and sharing experience between the participating partners
- Explore possibilities and facilitate for opportunities among the alumni for collaboration with the Dutch private sectors for developing sustainable and responsible production system.
The proposed program includes sharing knowledge and expertise in the following topics:
• Novel plant breeding technology for improved quality and food security in food crops and horticulture
• Experience of Dutch private sectors in the region in the horticulture sector
• Experiences of Alumni and the way ahead from lesson learned and case studies
• Exploring opportunities and possibilities to strengthen the link and collaboration between alumni, EP-NUFFIC, WUR and the relevant Dutch organizations.
• Experience in gender and multidisciplinary approaches in food security
For Whom (max. 20 participants)
NFP Alumni from Colombia and Peru whom are involved and interested in food security and followed previous courses in plant sciences (Plant Breeding, Biotechnology, Horticulture, Agronomy, Plant protection, horticulture and post harvesting) at the level BSc, M.Sc. and PhD. Equal participation of men and women in the event is highly desired.
Travel and lodging expenses
Travel and lodging costs for the selected alumni participants will be compensated. Please note that the spoken language during the event will be in English whereby Spanish translation is made available when required.
Interested participants whom might contribute towards sharing their experiences with the participants are requested to register by sending an email. Selected participants will be notified.