Wednesday 9 July - PhDs share their experiences
Join the Famelab summer meeting from 4 to 5 PM in Impulse. Drinks afterwards.
Tell the story of your research in three minutes – without using PowerPoint.
This was the central motto of the preliminary FameLab Benelux heat at Wageningen University this year. For the next edition in 2015, Wageningen will again be the battle ground for the Famelab Netherlands heat, initiated by the British Council. To learn more on the empiric formulas and to unravel the secrets of a well performed research pitch, join the Famelab summer meeting on Wednesday, 9 July, 16-17 h in Impulse, building number 115, Speaker’s Corner.
In 2014 three Wageningen University PhD candidates reached the finals in Amsterdam and one Wageningen researcher even got to the international final in England. And won. Who’s next?
Chaired by Jeroen Candel, Wageningen PhD Council
1. Presentation by Ake Nauta, PhD Candidate Nature Conservation and Plant Ecology Group
2. Presentation by Lenny de Jaeger, PhD Candidate Bioprocess Engineering Group
3. Video of winner Pádraic Flood, PhD Candidate Horticultural Supply Chains Group. The winning presentation at Times Cheltenham Science Festival, England last June.
4. What is a good story? Introduction by Marianne Heselmans (Science writer ImpactReporters)
5. Discussion to come to the golden rules for a successful presentation Led by Jeroen Candel, Chair Wageningen PhD Council