In honor of the 100-year jubilee of WUR, University Fund Wageningen (UFW) donates, together with Wageningen ambassadors and a few donators, a carillon to WUR. The inauguration of the bell tower is part of the closure of the jubilee year on Friday 9 November 2018.
All campus users and other interested people are invited to come and take a look at this beautiful design and listen to the first tones of the clock tower that will sound across Wageningen Campus. A new WUR tradition is born!
The inauguration of the carillon will be done by Minister Ingrid van Engelshoven (OCW) and Rector Magnificus Prof.dr Arthur Mol.
WUR bigband 'Sound of Science' will guide the audience from all over the campus towards the bell tower. There, they will peform live together with the bell tower. Guus Tangelder, conductor of 'Sound of Science', composed a piece especialley for this first performance of the bell tower.
- 17.15: programme for invited guests in Atlas
17.45: open ceremony inauguration Carillon, on the event site
at Wageningen Campus
- Handover Carillon by ir. Jan Karel Mak (president UFW)
- Inauguration Carillon by Minster Ingrid van Engelshoven and Rector Magnificus Prof. dr Arthur Mol
- Permformance Carillon with 'Sound of Science'
- 18.15: programme for invited guests in Atlas