From 26 to 28 November 2018, the European EFFORT consortium will hold the International Conference “Antimicrobial Resistance in the Food Chain – From Science to Policy” in Utrecht, Netherlands.
During the 2½ days, the EFFORT consortium will present new scientific evidence and breaking results based on the high quality data collected in the EFFORT project. They will inform decision makers, the scientific community and other stakeholders about their findings and the impact on the risk of AMR in the food chain, both in relation to animal health and welfare, as well as food safety and economics.
Policy and science leaders from outside the consortium will be invited as keynote speakers to share their views of EFFORT results as well as their own thoughts and findings.
Major topics will be covered such as:
- The optimal use of antimicrobials in food-producing animals,
- The use of metagenomics for AMR surveillance along the food chain,
- The exposure of humans to AMR micro-organisms through food,
- The effectiveness of AMU-interventions and their economic aspects,
- The needs for future policy changes to minimise public health risk due to AMR.
Register for this conference.