The Posthumus 2016 conference will take place in Wageningen from Friday 27th May till Saturday 28th May. The general theme of the conference is Sustainability in History. We are glad that prof. dr Bruce Campbell of the Queen’s University Belfast has accepted our invitation to give the keynote-speech. This will be related to his latest book (to be published in 2016 by CUP) titled The Great Transition: Climate, Disease and Society in the Late Medieval World.
As usual this is a conference for and by the community of economic and social historians affiliated to the NW Posthumus Institute and other practitioners of the field. This implies that part of the sessions will be organised by the PhD-researchers (co-ordinated by Jacob Zuijderduijn) and the other part by the research-program directors (co-ordinated by Jeroen Touwen). This will provide us with a stimulating program on ongoing research in economic and social history. If you want to propose a session outside these frameworks, please contact Anton Schuurman (as contact-person for the local organisation committee). There will be only a very few time-slots available for these kind of sessions.
We ask you to pre-register with this form. It will provide us with the necessary information for the organisation of the conference.
Please remember that you have to arrange your own hotel for Friday the 27th of May. Because of the hotel situation in Wageningen we have taken an option on 50 rooms in the Hof van Wageningen (25 one-person rooms for 69 euro per night including breakfast; and 25 two-person rooms for one person use for 74.50 euro per night including breakfast). You can use this option by e-mailing them: firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning the following information:
- the conference name Posthumus Bijeenkomst 2016 in the subject
- the name of the participant
- full address and telephone number
- date of arrival and depart
- at arrival after 18.00 hours, please send the credit card details (number, expiry date and holder’s name). Your creditcard is needed for the reservation. In case of a no show, your creditcard will be charged.
- single room or twin room (first come, first serve) (when you want to share the twin room please mention the name of the second person.)
Please do this as soon as possible, but not later than 30 March 2016.