Are you a professional in the food industry and do you want to strengthen your expertise and knowledge about aspects of product and process design? In this particular online master’s course, we will focus on the principles of consumer-oriented food product design. Since this online course is part-time, you will be able to combine study and work and enhance your career.
Contents of the course
The four modules of the course on Product and Process Design focus on design aspects of food products from an integrated product and process perspective and aim at strengthening so-called T-shaped skills, i.e., the ability to tackle in-depth disciplinary technological problems in combination with the aptitude to deal with broad multi-disciplinary challenges.
Study e-learning materials with practical assignments.
You will learn to
- understand the need for continuous new food product development from a consumer perspective;
- classify new products according to the categories of new product introductions;
- apply methods needed for successful consumer-oriented food design and
- critically assess these methods
When you want to learn more about food biotechnology and processing, other courses are interesting for you too! You can deepen your knowledge in a specific career field, without following a complete Master programme. You can register for any combination, but these are our suggestions:
- Product and Process Design – Idea generation and selection of a product concept (PPD-DL II) (strongly recommended)
- Predicting Food Quality - Solving Food Science Problems by Modelling