In September 2015 the United Nations adopted the Sustainable Development Goals: 17 goals and 169 targets for people, planet and prosperity for the next 15 years. Much research of Wageningen UR is connected with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). SDG@WUR is targeted at enhancing the SDGs within Wageningen UR, and at the same time looking for collaboration opportunities within and outside Wageningen UR.
On 14 September we have our kick-off on SDG@WUR in Impulse with speakers and discussion from 12:30 - 13:30 hrs.
- Introducing the Sustainable Development Goals (Ken Giller, Plant Production Systems)
- Innovation and the Sustainable Development Goals (Hedwig Bruggeman, CDI)
This kick-off meeting is the first in a sequel of meetings on specific goals. Next meetings are:
- October 19: Sustainable cities (SDG 11),
- October 31: Climate action (SDG13),
- November 30: Biodiversity (SDG 14&15):