On 30 May, a high-level Chinese delegation will visit the Netherlands to exchange ideas about how to promote climate finance and how to facilitate the energy and finance sector to be more active in low-carbon investment. Wageningen University was asked to host a seminar to facilitate an academic and professional dialogue around this visit on this urgent and timely topic.
The aim of the event is to share ideas and come up with new innovative directions for policy and research in the fields of climate finance and carbon markets, including emission trading systems, green bonds and other financial instruments. There will be a few short keynotes, followed by a plenary discussion.
The event is free and open for academics, professionals, students and other people interested in this topic.
- Venue: Wageningen University (to be confirmed)
- Day/time: 30 May, 13.00-15.00 (time subject to change)
The Chinese delegation is composed of:
- Dr LI Gao, Deputy Director General, Department of Climate Change, NDRC
- Mr YE Yanfei, Senior Inspectorate, China Banking Regulatory Commission
- Ms ZHANG Yuan, Director, Department of Environment, China International Engineering Consulting Corporation
- Professor WANG Yao, Central University of Finance and Economics
- Professor LIN Qianguo, North China Electric Power University
- Ms YU Lan, Senior Correspondence, China News Service
- Dr LIANG Xi, UK-China (Guangdong) CCUS Centre and Director of Centre for Business and Climate Change at the University of Edinburgh