Learn how the agro-food value chain approaches the challenge of constantly improving its competitiveness by producing high quality food and products and also aiming to attain greater sustainability. This Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) is a free online course that allows you to explore the economics of sustainable value chains.
Content of the course
Some of the topics of this course are:
• The notion of quality for food and agricultural products and consumer value.
• How to conduct market research in this field.
• Labelling, branding and pricing strategies, as-well as innovation in the agro-food sector.
• How sustainability can be used as a competitive advantage through corporate social responsibility.
• The role and different types of industrial standards.
• The different forms of coordination in the chain, in particular with regard to the retailing and distribution sector.
The Wageningen contribution is by Francesco Bimbo, researcher at the department of social sciences. He covers topics as the role of innovation in the agro-food system as well as the importance of corporate social responsibility for actors in the food supply chain. The two topics strongly focus on the European food supply chains.
Who is this class for:
This course is primarily aimed at economics and life science students at an advanced bachelor’s level or introductory master’s level and professionals interested in the agro-food value chains