Wageningen Indonesian Scientific Exposure (WISE) is a platform for all Indonesian (PhD candidates, MSc, and Alumni) studying at Wageningen University & Research to share their research and ideas to a broader scientific community.
Wageningen Indonesian Scientific Exposure (WISE) was established in 2016 as a platform for Indonesian PhD candidates in Wageningen University & Research (WUR) as well as researchers from Wageningen and Indonesia to share their research and ideas to broader scientific communities. Last year, the WISE2017 was successfully held in Wageningen. As the continuation of WISE2017, this year, WISE2018 will be held in Indonesia, on July, 5-6th 2018, hosted by Indonesian Institute of Sciences (LIPI).
The WISE2018 event is organized as an integrated part of the 100th WUR Dies Natalis celebration, co-organized by: LIPI, WUR, WUR Indonesian PhDs and WUR alumni chapter Indonesia. The WISE2018 event will consists of two days activities: Day 1. Plenary meeting (with keynotes, PhDs and alumni lectures) and Day 2. Excursion, specialized workshops and/or focus group discussions.
Registration details and further information please check: WISE2018
Call for abstracts
Wageningen Indonesian PhD students are invited to submit an abstract (of maximum 2 pages A4) of their research. Six abstracts will be selected for an oral presentation on the plenary meeting day. The other abstracts will be selected for poster presentations
Call for workshops and focus group discussions
All Indonesian or Wageningen researchers and educators wishing to work or working on joint projects are invited to submit a short proposal for a workshop, focus group discussion or any other event that might bring together researchers from Wageningen UR and Indonesia. A proposal consists of 1-2 pages, containing:
- Name and contact information of the organizers
- Title of the event
- Objectives of the event
- Proposed length of the event
- Expected number of participants
Since we expect many participants from Indonesian universities, research institutes, governmental organizations and businesses, WISE2018 is an excellent opportunity to bring together a wide range of stakeholders with regard to joint research. Meetings can be organized to disseminate and discuss results of joint research or to discuss and define future research (including funding opportunities).
WISE2018 Important dates
- Call for Abstracts and Paper (for Wageningen Indonesian PhD students): 7 March 2018
- Deadline for Abstract Submission: 15 May 2018
- Deadline for workshop proposal submission: 15 May 2018
- Notification of abstract acceptance: 29 May 2018
- Deadline for Full Paper Submission: 15 June 2018
- WISE event : 5 – 6 July 2018
- Venue: Gedung Diseminasi Puslit Biologi-LIPI, Jalan Raya Jakarta-Bogor Km 46, Cibinong Science Center, Bogor 16911, Indonesia
- Prof. Dr. Henk Hogeveen (Wageningen UR chairman for Indonesia)
- Prof. Dr. Enny Sudarmonowati, MSc (Deputy for Natural Science-LIPI)
- Prof. Dr. Okky Karna Radjasa MSc* (Ministry of Research-Technology and Higher Education)
- Prof. Dr. Ir. H. Gusti Muhammad Hatta, MS* (Former Minister of Research and Technology, WUR alumni Indonesia)