Three winning student teams of Urban Greenhouse Challenge’2 explain the winning ideas for their ultimate urban greenhouse for Dongguan, China and reveal the secrets of their journey to the stage.
Wageningen University & Research in collaboration with ISHS and My Local FoodE H2020 project organizes the webinar to share the results of the second edition Urban Greenhouse Challenge. Francesco Orsini (University of Bologna) and Patricia Paiva (Universidade Federal de Lavras) will host the event.
In October 2019, 53 teams from 79 universities in 29 countries entered the second edition of the Urban Greenhouse Challenge’2. Their goal? To design an urban greenhouse for the city of Dongguan in China that integrates food production with outstanding architecture, convincing business model and social impact in one sustainable concept.
After 10 months of tense competition, two selection rounds and the exciting Grand Finale on 27 August, Team Bagua (UAB), team KAS (WUR) and TeAMSpirit (AMS Insitute) were announced the winners of the Challenge.
- Welcome - Francesco Orsini (Unibo) & Patricia Paiva (UFLA)
- Urban Greenhouse Challenge: How does it work? - Marta Eggers (WUR)
- TeAMSpirit: Leading the way to the food of tomorrow
- Team KAS: Securing the future for smallholder farmers, rural-urban migrants & consumers
- Team Bagua: Embracing change and the flow of nature to create Great Food Transformation