Visa information

1st International Chain Elongation Conference - Visa information

Visitors not having Dutch nationality may require a visa, a basic requirement for entry, with a valid passport in order to be able to travel to the Netherlands. The rules applying to your situation depend on your nationality, the duration of your stay, and the purpose of your stay.

Visa application procedure

To find out whether you need a visa, please visit the website of our Ministry of Foreign Affairs or Entering the Netherlands without a visa. In case you need a visa, click here to find your nearest Dutch embassy. To attend the conference you might need a short-stay visa. A short-stay visa (Schengen visa) allows you to stay in the Netherlands for a maximum of 90 days. Besides the Netherlands, it is also valid in the other Schengen countries. How you apply for a visa depends on your country, click here to see the application procedure for your country or region.

A visa application takes a large amount of time; it may take several weeks before you actually receive the visa. Therefore it is very important that you start to arrange your visa as soon as possible. From 1 February 2020 you can already apply for a Schengen visa 6 months in advance. We advise you to get in touch with the embassy as soon as you receive the confirmation of participation from us. 

Invitation letter

Of course, we will try to help you in every way we can. If necessary, we can provide participants with an official invitation letter for the congress. This will make it easier for you to get a visa. We will send the invitation letter to you by e-mail. Please, bring the letter and other necessary documents to the embassy when you have your appointment.

Persons who need an invitation letter can get the letter by e-mailing a curriculum vitae (C.V.) to The C.V. should include name, affiliation, current position, e-mail and phone number. 

Visa fees

Short-stay visa (max. 90 days) € 80,-

More information

For more information, please visit the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. In case of problems, you can contact the congress organization via