This two-day course in InDesign will help you create beautiful but also functional print and web layouts.
For: PhD candidates, postdocs, students and staff.
InDesign is part of the “Creative Cloud” which lets you combine photos/graphics/illustrations, tables, charts and text with a remarkable ease. With the completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the main functionality and structure of the program
- Navigate through the different functions
- Create and save new documents
- Define “Master Pages” and understand their powerful use
- Place and format your text with the use of toolboxes
- Import, create and format tables, figures, illustrations and charts
- Build large and complex documents such as a PhD thesis with various elements (photos, figures, tables, etc)
- Design attractive and functional posters
- Create professional layouts for your CV or motivation letter
- Export problem-free PDFs according to the specifications of the printer
- Understand the importance of typography
During these two days we will dive in to real design challenges so you can practice the theory. If you have a challenge you want to share with the group feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the beginning of the course. You will be provided with a manual of the theory and hand-outs of the presentation.
Number of participants: 8-12
Teacher: Iliana Boshoven-Gkini