Over the last 5 years, the 600-staff NRC has published around 1000 scientific publications in peer review journals and files about 80 patents every year. The NRC also has around 100 research collaborations with universities or research institutes around the world. The NRC devotes itself to 5 main research programs: food safety and integrity, first 1000 days and healthy kids, healthy ageing, healthy pleasure and sustainable nutrition. By bringing together its knowledge in Nutrition and Health, Food Science, Food/Consumer Interaction, Food Quality and Safety, the NRC plays an important role in providing the science behind healthier products, such as the reformulation of products with lower levels of sugar, salt and fat, and an increase in vitamins, minerals and fibre. (learn more about the NRC at www.research.nestle.com).
In this context we are searching for a candidate with an interest in food polymer/materials science and their interaction with the human body. The candidate will contribute to the development of understanding of how the rheological and structural properties of (particle) dispersions impact the transport and release of (encapsulated) molecules.
- Prepare and carry out experiments in the area of polymer/particle preparation and physical structural characterization.
- Understand the transport, dissolution/release properties of said molecule/particle.
- Use established mathematical models to relate bioactive transport/release kinetics to the material properties
- Provide internal and external communications (presentations, reports)
Education and experience
- BSc or MSc degree in soft matter, materials engineering or food science & technology.
- Good knowledge in physical and chemical properties of materials
- Good theoretical knowledge and experimental skills in relevant analytical techniques (Esp. rheology, particulate dispersions, dissolution testing)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
Show us that you are able to have excellent technical and organizational skills. In addition, your service orientation, your team player attitude and your proactivity will contribute to your and our success. If you want to work in a team and to build up a strong first professional experience, then apply directly by contacting: email@example.com.
The Nestlé Group is the World’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company with 92.2 billion Swiss Francs in sales in 2013, more than 330,000 employees worldwide and 468 factories in more than 86 countries. We offer an attractive and dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development, reflecting our conviction that people are our most important asset. Learn more about our Group and reasons to join us on www.nestle.com.