Price EUR 4600
Upon completion you will be able to:
- Explain key concepts and elements of national food safety system;
- Describe current safety hazards and understand how these translate into risk and control limits;
- Identify institutional constraints and options to improve national control systems;
- Engage in setting up or improving elements of a (national) food safety control system;
- Advise governments, sector organisations and development organisations on food safety governance issues;
- Develop education and training programmes on food safety control.
The course includes lectures, real life examples, simulations, individual and group assignments, case studies and field trips. Participants can engage with experts, and have access to scientific information and methodologies. Prior to the training, participants are guided to follow a number of (internet based) learning modules to acquire an equal level of understanding and to conduct a self-assessment (business case identification). The course coordinators and contributing experts have a long term experience in food safety capacity building in developing countries and emerging economies.