The Food & Business Knowledge Platform is looking for an intern to support the Knowledge Portal team. You will be working on this portal and collect cutting-edge publications in the field of food and nutrition security (FNS). You will learn to make an interesting selection of articles for professionals in the field of FNS. You will quickly learn about the field of food and nutrition security and will focus on a few topics to ensure you broaden your knowledge on some of the underlying hot topics. Furthermore, you will also play a role in the further development of the Knowledge Portal, its monitor systems, its outreach and the use of social media.
About the Food & Business Knowledge Platform
The F&BKP is one of the five Knowledge Platforms for global development initiated by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Within this Platform, international networks and organizations of business, science, civil society and policy collaborate in the field of food and nutrition security. They identify knowledge issues that are relevant now and in the future and initiate learning and research. The Platform disseminates lessons learned and highlights promising innovations that will contribute to local and global food security.
The Ministry has outsourced the management and implementation of the secretariat of the Platform, called the Office, to a consortium of three organizations: Agri-ProFocus, The Broker and the Centre for Development Innovation Wageningen UR. The Office team is staffed by these organizations but acts as an independent and neutral entity, located in The Hague. The Office facilitates the knowledge management of the Platform, undertakes its own activities and renders account to the Steering Committee for the substantive functioning of the Platform.
- Content management on several topics of the Knowledge Portal
- Writing short, summaries on relevant publications, highlighting the main knowledge message
- Monitoring and evaluating the Knowledge Portal
- Developing social media content for Twitter and Facebook
- Thinking along strategically on how to improve the Knowledge Portal
- If relevant: writing cohesion reports on a specific topic
We are looking for
- a student enrolled in HBO or WO
- a quick reader
- a good writer (e.g. full proficiency in written English!)
- someone who can switch quickly and easily between different tasks
- an independent worker
- someone with previous experience or interest in food and nutrition security and international development
- a pro-active, critical thinker
What we offer
Working in a small and dynamic team, based in the Hague, operating in an international environment.
You will work closely together with the Content Manager of the Knowledge Portal. We could discuss how this internship can contribute to a specific assignment for your study.