Are you a Wageningen University student and thinking of studying outside Europe? Then expand your horizon and make yourself stand out with more international experience. Apply for the Holland Scholarship!
Please note the application deadline has passed.
The Holland Scholarship is available for students of Wageningen University who want to study, do research or an internship outside of the EEA.
The scholarship amounts a one-time payment of € 1,250.- and is meant as a contribution towards your study expenses.
- You must be registered for a full time BSc/MSc programme at Wageningen University for the academic year 2017-2018.
- The internship, thesis or courses scheduled in the Non EEA country must be scheduled for the academic year 2017-2018
- You are going to a Non EEA country for study, thesis or research and the period abroad is minimal 15 ECTS/ 3 months
- Students with a GPA above 80% are encouraged to apply
- In case of thesis or internship, please provide proof of acceptance. This needs to be submitted in case a scholarship is granted, awardees will receive more information on where and how to submit this proof.
Students will be evaluated based upon their academic records, diversity or awardees/host universities or countries and in case of thesis/internship whether the period abroad has been approved by the accepting organization. In the 2015 and 2016 call one out of six applicants received a scholarship. These awardees had a GPA of 80% or above. The GPA will be calculated based upon all registered marks (BSc and MSc) without applying a weighing factor.
Within 6 weeks after the application deadline you will be informed about the outcome of the selection.
Finish your application before 1 may 2018. The results are expected mid-June 2018.
The Holland Scholarships is financially supported by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and is administrated by EP-Nuffic. As part of the scholarship programme Wageningen University is obliged to share the following details with both parties:
Awardees: Complete name, gender, date of birth, nationality, email address of awardee, name of current university and current programme, Host country, reason for stay in host country (study, internship or research), name of host institution, duration of stay abroad, expected number of ECTS.
Rejected candidates: Name of current programme, name of intended host country reason for stay in host country (study, internship or research).
The Holland Scholarship is made available by: Wageningen University | VSNU | EP Nuffic | Vereniging Hogescholen | Ministry of Education, Culture and Science