Are you applying for a bachelor's or master's programme at Wageningen University & Research? Then you might be eligible for the Holland Scholarship.
What is the Holland Scholarship?
This scholarship supports talented students from Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, South Africa, USA, Australia, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Ecuador, Chile, Panama, Colombia, Peru, Russia, South Korea and India.
If you are selected you will get a one-time payment of €5000. This will be transferred to your Dutch bank account during the first year of your study.
Please note the application deadline has passed.
The 5 steps of application
- Check if you meet the scholarship requirements as mentioned below.
- Fill out the financial plan. Download the bachelor format or the master format.
- BSc students can email the financial plan to email@example.com. MSc students can upload the financial plan into their STARS file.
- Apply for the Holland Scholarship by submitting the form.
- Finish your application before 1 May 2018.
- A complete financial plan that explains how the total costs of your study are financed. Bachelor students can email their financial plan to firstname.lastname@example.org. Master students can upload this into their STARS file.
- You are a future bachelor's or master's students with a partial scholarship, a loan scheme or private resources for funding.
- You are a talented student from Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, South Africa, USA, Australia, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Ecuador, Chile, Panama, Colombia, Peru, Russia, South Korea or India*.
- You did not participate in a degree programme in the Netherlands before.
- You are admitted to one of our bachelor's or master's programmes (no online master's).
- Optional: if you have a ranking sheet available you can email this with your financial plan or upload this into your STARS file. This may help to get the scholarship.
* Students with a double nationality (EU and Non-EEA nationality) must contact the Student Service Centre to check whether they are eligible for a scholarship.
All applications will be evaluated by a representation of Wageningen University & Research. They will focus on excellence, the financial plan and diversity of the awardees. All applicants will be informed about the outcome as before 12 June 2018.
The Holland Scholarships is financially supported by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science and is administrated by Nuffic. As part of the scholarship programme the university is obliged to share the following details with both parties:
Awardees: Complete name, gender, date of birth, nationality, country of prior education, email address of awardee, name of university and programme for which the scholarship has been awarded.
Rejected candidates: Nationality, name of university and programme for which the scholarship has applied for.
The Holland Scholarship is made available by: Wageningen University & Research | VSNU | Nuffic | Vereniging Hogescholen | Ministry of Education, Culture and Science