The off-campus access button gives you access to full-text resources without having to visit the Library website first. It identifies you as a Wageningen student or staff member. You can add the button to your browser's toolbar.
The off-campus access button
The off-campus access button is useful when
- you have a link to a scientific paper
- you find a link in Blackboard
- you see a link on a website.
How to install the off-campus access button
Right-click on the off-campus access button and choose 'Add to favorites' or drag the button to the Favorites bar.
Firefox and Chrome
Drag the off-campus access button to the Bookmarks Toolbar. Make sure that the Bookmarks Toolbar is displayed and that your browser accepts cookies.
How does it work?
- Click on the installed off-campus access button in your Favorites Toolbar when you need the full text of an article
- A 'log in' screen appears
- Log in with your WUR account.
Using the off-campus access button, an example
In this example, we would like to get the full text of this paper: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2016.06.016
- Open the link in your internet browser
- Now you will only find an option to purchase the PDF on the article page
- Click on the off-campus access button in your Favorites bar (IE) / Bookmarks Toolbar (Chrome, Firefox)
- An EZproxy login option appears. Click OK in the right-hand corner and log in with your WUR account
- The article page has changed now and shows the option to download the PDF. If not, click on the off-campus access button again
- You can use the button each time when you want to go to the full-text
- You have to log in each time you start a new search via your browser (IE, Chrome or Firefox).
Please note: you can only access resources to which WUR Library subscribes. Please contact the Servicedesk for questions or remarks.