Internship at Bookdifferent.com, the Netherlands.
Would you like a challenging and varied internship at an innovative startup in the travel world, with a focus on sustainability? Then look no further because we have the best internship for you!
Bookdifferent.com is an innovative hotel booking site, that would like to make the travel industry more sustainable. We do this by giving consumers and businesses an insight about the level of sustainability of accommodations and destinations. By doing so we make it easier to book green accommodations and visit sustainable destinations. Bookdifferent.com is the first organization in the world that has brought together 14.000 certified hotels, added the staygreencheck and has calculated the CO2 emissions of 1.8 million hotels.
Bookdifferent.com is the winner of the
2018 Sustainable Travel Award
You will graduate on 'certification methodology for accommodations’. At bookdifferent.com green indicators are our core business. Improving on this methodology, adding new indicators and facilitate the process of acceptance for the newly developed indicators for validating of our advisory board is your core assignment. The next step how to communicate new developments to our customers and stakeholders in the tourism industry. Additional to this you will be the main contact person for our ecolabel partners, and you will be responsible for the matching.
What will you be doing?
- The technical side of eco-certification: further development of the benchmarks and methodologies
- Implementing the staygreencheck for hotels that are not yet certified
- Processing data from customers to support B2B
- Measuring the impact according to an already developed methodology
What are we looking for?
- Passion for sustainability and tourism
- Level: technical university or university of applied sciences
- Pragmatic, independent and innovative working style
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous experience with data processing is an advantage
- Analytical mindset and detail-oriented
- Strong writing skills
- Proficiency in English
Eagerness and dedication to learn
What can we offer you?
- Voluntary internship placement starting in January 2020 in our office in Zwolle
Allowance for the days you travel to the bookdifferent.com office
Interested or questions?
Mail Lonneke de Kort at: firstname.lastname@example.org