Smile was established in 2013 by Ethiopian initiators as a local, non-profit NGO. SMILE means ‘Social Movement on Inclusive Life Ethiopia’ and is working on equal chances and participation in the society for everyone including people with a disability.
"To improve the position of persons with a disability or in an isolated situation in the society, Smile is facilitating, inspiring and motivating the society. We are working on equal participation in quality education for peoples who live in vulnerable situations in Addis Ababa. We will do this by facilitating save environments for every student, proper chances and inspiring to develop, upgrading and motivating teachers and school boards and involving parents and community."
The organization works in cooperation with Stichting Joni in the Netherlands on innovative projects in the area of sport, education and work.
For more information visit the website www.stichtingjoni.nl.
- In cooperation with the staff in Ethiopia to develop a monitoring and evaluation system. This includes policies and procedures on collecting information, measuring results (qualitative/quantitative), evaluation forms/reports and timetables.
- Writing the monitoring and evaluation protocol with assistance of the local staff - Producing the planning report for 2014/2015 in relation to monitoring and evaluation activities (including budget)
- Student international development studies or a related program
- Experience with PME is preferred
- Hands-on mentality, proactive and independent
- Excellent planning and organization skills but also flexible
- Knowledge on NGOs in developing countries
- Fluent level of English
- A challenging position at an innovative, creative and ambitious Ethiopian organization in Addis Ababa
- Accommodation during your placement
- Transport from/to the airport and the workplace
- Lunch will be provided on workdays