The Foundation for Sustainable Development (FSD) is looking for an intern who has interest in, and experience with web management and communication of environmental issues.
You will support us with the development and use of interactive websites, member engagement, and other communication activities related to our projects and networks. You should be able to translate the activities and requirements of the Foundation and its end-users into clear, easy to find online information. In addition we would like you to assist in making the project websites more user friendly, both from a technical and a communication perspective. You will be mainly involved in the web support and communication of the Ecosystem Services Partnership (www.es-partnership.org), but also other projects of the foundation such as the CiVi.net project (www.civinet.eu).
The Foundation for Sustainable Development (FSD)
FSD supports the conservation and sustainable use of natural ecosystems through building knowledge and stimulating awareness of the ways in which people depend on nature. FSD gives advice and deploys activities across four main thematic areas: 1) Ecosystem Assessment & Nature Valuation, 2) Biodiversity & Climate Change, 3) Communication & Capacity Building, and 4) Ecosystem Management & Restoration. FSD has carried out over 60 projects since 1992 and is involved in a range of on-going projects and initiatives.
Visit the website www.fsd.nl for more information.
Ecosystem Service Partnership (ESP)
The ESP is a network organization that connects researchers who are working towards a better understanding and application of the concept of ‘ecosystem services’ to NGOs, environmental agencies, educators, policymakers, politicians, and the general public with the aim to implement best practices for managing ecosystem services and maintain and enhance our Natural Capital. Currently over 50 organizations and more than 300 individuals are member of the Partnership.
ESP hosts 54 working groups, which are key in the organization of ESP as a platform for ecosystem services science, policy and practical application. There are Biome, Thematic, Sectoral and National working groups. We aim to stimulate the organization, development and coordination of these working groups more effectively for more outcomes and cooperation amongst members.
For more information on ESP, please see www.es-partnership.org.
Required knowledge and skills
- Ability to translate user demands into technical requirements for further development of the public website, mailings, newsletters and member-only discussion spaces (both technical and content
- Background in or proven experience with (network/strategic) communication
- Proven ability to develop and adapt communication strategies
- Knowledge and experience on databases, HTML and website content management systems
- Languages: English (Dutch, Spanish or Portuguese is a plus)
- Education level: MSc student
- Good textual communicative skills
- Advanced level of understanding of Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Being able to work independently and proactively
What we offer
- Opportunity to get experience with web management and communication of several large international networks and projects.
- Opportunity to learn more on the subject of ecosystem services and ecosystem management.
- Work in a dynamic working environment on the campus of Wageningen University.
This position should be filled as soon as possible. Internship time and weekly hours are open for discussion, but we prefer someone who can work at least 4 days a week for at least 3 months.
Starting: June/July 2014. The position is based in Wageningen.
Contact Sander van der Ploeg for more information about the position. If you are interested in this internship, send a motivation letter and resume to Sander.vanderPloeg@wur.nl before June 5th.