The MEDIATION project is financed by European Commission within the 7th Framework Program (FP7) under Environment Theme.
MEDIATION addresses climate change impacts, vulnerability and adaptation options through six activities:
- Analysis of the decision-making context
- Inventory, review and improvement of methods and metrics for impacts and vulnerability analysis
- Likewise for costing of impacts and adaptation options
- Development of an overarching integrated methodology
- Development of a flexible, interactive common platform for knowledge sharin
- Dissemination of this knowledge and training
The components of the project are connected in an iterative fashion, using case studies which combine selected regional, sectoral and cross-sectoral characteristics and policy questions. Wageningen University in this project contributes to assess the socio-economic aspects of climate change impacts, vulnerability, and particularly adaptation options in a number of case studies. The major methods include cost-benefit analysis, cost-effective analysis, optimization method and general equilibrium modelling.
More information about the MEDIATION Project