Practical English gives you the opportunity to expand your knowledge of English. This course is suitable for students who are doing an English master’s programme or who are preparing for work, studies or an internship abroad. Classes take place on the Wageningen University & Research Campus, in the Forum building.
Practical English is open to all students who want to quickly acquire a solid foundation in English. This course is also open for Wageningen University & Research employees and external participants.
Practical English: B1 (CEFR)
The course covers the following topics:
- Building natural conversation
- Using basic argumentation structure
- Reviewing grammar that you already know and introducing more complex grammar: verb tenses
- Developing vocabulary
- Practising pronunciation and intonation
- Writing clear and correct e-mails
The course meets once a week for 13 weeks. Each class is 1 hour and 45 minutes. You should expect to spend 2 to 3 hours on homework each week.
Dates and times
|7 March||6 June||Wednesday||17.30 tot 19.15 uur|
- English Unlimited, Intermediate self-study pack (workbook+dvd)
Optional (yet recommended):
- English Grammar in Use, with answers + CD-Rom, fourth edition (Raymond Murphy)
These books are available at the WUR shop in the Forum building on the Wageningen University & Research campus.
Certification and exam
You receive a Wageningen in’to Languages certificate when you complete the course. If you do not pass the exam, you can take a resit after the course. The resit costs € 25 and is not included in the course fees.
|BSc/Msc WUR Students||€ 90|
|WUR Employees||€ 400|
|Regular fee||€ 450|
- Excluding course material and resit.
- Including exam on the last day of the course.
- We only accept payment by debit or credit card.
Prior to registration: placement test
Please note: your registration cannot be confirmed without a placement test result. Arrange an OOPT appointment through our online calendar.
If you cannot make your appointment, please call us at +31 (0) 317 48 25 52 or email us at email@example.com. You cannot cancel the appointment online.