Speaking the language is the best way to keep up and improve your English. Practical English Plus offers you ample opportunity to practise while getting to know the English-speaking world a bit better!
This course is suitable for students who are doing an English master’s programme or are preparing for work, studies or an internship abroad. Classes take place on the Wageningen University & Research Campus, in the Forum building.
Practical English Plus is for anyone who speaks English at an intermediate level and wishes to further improve their English skills.
Practical English Plus: B2 (CEFR)
The course covers the following topics:
- Building natural conversation: fluency and speech
- Establishing relationships
- Giving opinions and providing feedback
- Summarizing and paraphrasing ideas related to academic and non-academic topics
- Introducing specialized vocabulary (phrasal verbs, collocations) and grammar (word order, relative clauses, conditionals)
- Practising pronunciation and intonation
- Writing effectively (e-mails, brief essay assignments, using linkers)
The course meets once a week for 13 weeks. Each meeting is one hour and forty-five minutes. You should expect to spend two to three hours on homework each week.
Dates and times
|7 March||6 June||Wednesday||19.30 - 21.15 hrs.|
- Cambridge English Unlimited
Upper Intermediate Coursebook with e-Portfolio
Optional (yet recommended)
- Essential Grammar in Use, with answers + CD-Rom, fourth edition (Raymond Murphy)
These books are available at the WUR shop in the Forum building on the Wageningen University & Research campus.
Certification and exam
You receive a Wageningen in’to Languages certificate when you complete the course. If you do not pass the exam, you can take a resit after the course. The resit costs € 25 and is not included in the course fees.
|BSc/MSc WUR students||€90|
- Excluding course material and resit.
- Including exam on the last day of the course.
- We only accept payment by debit or credit card.
Prior to registration: placement test
- Please note: your registration cannot be confirmed without a placement test result. Arrange an OOPT appointment through our online calendar.
It is not possible to cancel your appointment online. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call us:
T: +31 (0)317 48 25 52