Sint Eustatius National Parks (STENAPA) is a non-governmental nature conservation organization based on the Dutch Caribbean island of St. Eustatius. STENAPA is legally mandated by the Island Government to manage all the island’s protected areas (the Statia National Marine Park, the Quill/Boven National Park as well as the Botanical Garden) on the 21km2 island of St Eustatius.
We are looking for interns to be involved in communication and outreach on behalf of STENAPA. The intern will be responsible for several communication duties and involved in projects, such as Sharkweek, the development of a nature awareness campaign and development of a new website. He/she works alongside the education and outreach officer and the director. The internship is for at least three months. Preferably more (Dutch nationals can stay six months on the island).
General job duties
- Work with communication officer in the development of the nature awareness campaign
- Assist in development of content (text and photo’s) for social media
- Monitor engagement on social media, make recommendations for involvement of local community and produce a bi-weekly social media report
- Monitor local newspaper and other media channels for mentions of STENAPA.
- Assist with reception desk and sales
- Assist in organizing PR-events (Sharkweek etc, Egg hunt in botanical garden)
- General daily assistance of the Education and Outreach Officer
- Develop communication materials about invasive species, trail tag purchase etc.
- Work on developing strategy and Plan of Approach for new development website
- Develop communications/marketing plan for the Botanical Garden
- Develop ideas for communications regarding crowd funding
- Develop house style handbook
- You are studying communications and/or marketing (bachelor or masters level)
- Excellent writing skill (English)
- Flexible attitude
- Able to communicate to people of different nationalitie
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work as a team but also able to work independently
- Applicant possesses a valid driver’s license (preferably a manual driver)
Work hours are from 7am-4pm with an hours break for lunch. Please note this is an unpaid position. Candidate should be able to start as soon as possible for a period of 12 weeks. More than 12 weeks is possible for Dutch Nationals only. It is an ongoing vacancy so it is possible to apply year round for different slots.
Accommodation is provided in a shared house for $275/month with other interns; food, travel and insurance is at your own cost.