Which tastes and textures do you perceive while eating sausage, cheese, yogurt and bread?
Current methods to measure sensory perceptions of foods asks directly after tasting what a consumers is perceiving. Tastes and textures, however, change during consumption and can be considered a dynamic event. Measuring sensory perceptions dynamically can lead to new insights on how to measure taste and texture experiences and improved methods to measure sensory perceptions of food. The purpose of this study is to investigate dynamic taste and texture characteristics of drink yogurt, bread, cheese and sausage. With this study we will try to better understand taste perceptions and how we can improve our measurement methods to measure taste experiences of consumers.
For this study, you will come 4 times to the Restaurant of the Future (Impulse building 115) to participate in a tasting session of maximum 30 minutes. Sessions will be scheduled on 17, 18, 19, 20, 24, 26, 27 and 29 February and 2 and 3 March. Test sessions will be scheduled between 13.00-17.00 hrs.
Do you want to contribute to scientific research? Check if you are eligible to participate and read the information brochure. Sign up through the button below and we will contact you as soon as possible.
What do you get in return?
- A monetary incentive of €40,-
- Age between 18 and 65 years
- BMI between 18.5 and 27.0 kg/m2 (Weight divided by length times length)
- Normal ability to taste and smell
- No aversion, allergy or intolerance for lactose, milk, gluten, nuts or seeds
- Not vegetarian or vegan
- Not pregnant or lactating
- Do not use medication that may affect the function of taste/smell
- Do not work at the Division of Human Nutrition
- Are currently not working on thesis or internship in chair group Sensory Science and Eating Behaviour
More information about the TEMPO 5 study can be found in the brochure.
Participate in this research? Sign up below!
Please sign up through the button below. The Research team will contact you.