A team consisting of employees, researchers and students of CAAS, National Agricultural Science & Technology Center, National Engineering Research Center for Information Technology in Agriculture, Sichuan Film and Television University, Syngenta Seeds B.V.
We believe that autonomous greenhouses are the future of indoor farming systems. And we also believe that the artificial intelligence can bring actionable, data-driven insights to greenhouses and other indoor farming systems, for example:
- Shorten the trouble shooting time of growers
- Help them to become more strategic
- Making foreseen decisions
- Push the envelope of this tight-margin industry further
However, there are still many unclear questions to answer and a long way to go to achieve the final goal.
Bridge the gap
Effort is needed to bridge the gap between artificial intelligence and greenhouse horticulture, academics and industries. But the most important questions in this regard are “what“ and “how”.
We could have a long debate on topics like:
- How AI can contribute to existing indoor farming systems? How reliable it is?
- Why should we believe in a machine we build under the circumstances that man-kind does not have everything under control?
- Or changing a perspective, can humans adapt the unpredictable environmental change as fast as AI?
We may have thousand questions and doubts, but at the end of the day we need to start somewhere. Eventually, we will find “what” and “how”.
IUA.CAAS is ready. And you?
If you have any question, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Contact person: Bo Zhou (team captain)