Recently, ECS has been actively involved in the Climate-KIC Master Label Programme. Climate-KIC integrates education, entrepreneurship and innovation resulting in connected, creative transformation of knowledge and ideas into economically viable products or services that help to mitigate and to adapt to climate change.
Students can complement the master’s degree programme which they are already enrolled in and become part of a community that creates real solutions for climate change mitigation and adaptation.
The EIT – European Institute of Innovation & technology – Master Label Programme adds extra value to selected master degree programme. Students can apply for the Master Label Programme if they are enrolled in one of the following MSc programmes:
- MSc Biotechnology (MBT)
- MSc Climate Studies (MCL)
- MSc Environmental Sciences (MES)
- MSc International Land and Water Management (MIL)
- MSc Urban Environmental Management (MUE)
Upon successful completion, students will receive a Climate-KIC certificate in addition to their regular degree.
During the Master
During the Master label program students will:
- Discover how the latest climate change science is being transformed into new products and services
- Examine market drivers of climate innovation, including policy, legal and financial incentives or constraints
- Explore the potential for launching your start-up business venture with support from our business coaches and our pre-incubation programme
Obtaining the Master Label
In order to obtain the Master Label students will:
- participate in the five week climate innovation summer school (The Journey)
- attend our series of thought-provoking talks and seminars (SPARK! lectures)
- spend 30 ECTS of your master programme outside of your home university, e.g. by doing an internship or thesis research
- take complementary courses in climate sciences or entrepreneurship worth at least 12 ECTS
- write your Master thesis on a topic related to climate change and entrepreneurship