The English Quick scan analyses your language proficiency in a and way with the help of an experienced coach. The Quick scan can be used to replace the baseline measurement for Language Policy WUR.
The Quick scan also offers you the opportunity to reflect on your didactic skills in English, especially in relation to intercultural awareness in class.
What's the focus?
- We'll take an in-depth look at your English speaking skills, in light of the C2 level you are expected to reach (more information).
- Intelligibility and pronunciation.
- Do you use the right vocabulary in context to clarify the content of a lecture? Think of teaching vocabulary, academic vocabulary, etc.
- Are your utterances grammatically correct?
- How do you use and refer to teaching tools? (film clips, PowerPoint, etc.)?
And, if applicable:
- What questions do you ask your students?
- How do you motivate your students in English and how do they respond?
- To what extent do your students participate in discussions and how do they ask or answer questions?
How does it work?
- Send an English web lecture, in part or in full, or a recording of a lecture in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can use WeTransfer of SURFfilsender to send us your files.
- An experienced Wageningen in'to Languages coach will analyse half an hour of the video or recording and will give feedback on an extensive list of aspects.
- You will then receive an email with the analysis and our tailor-made advice.
- The results of this Quick scan are included in the Language Policy report (instead of the extensive language policy baseline measurement).
- The Quick scan is funded by the Executive Board.