You can often get an article for free legally, also when the Library does not have a subscription. We made a list of the most used options.
Sometimes you're looking for a specific article that's not availabe in WUR Library's collection. When you don't know where to start, you could consider one of the following options:
- Unpaywall gives access to 25 million legal, Open Access articles.
- Install the Open Access Button. Legal research articles delivered instantly or automatically requested from authors. You have to register in advance.
- Install the Google Scholar Button. When you do not find a direct link in Google Scholar, try the link “All versions” for more options.
- Science Open offers 64 million publications which are freely accessible.
- DOAJ: The Directory of Open access Journals offers access to over 14.000 open access journals. The DOAJ journals are included in the WUR Journal browser also.
- You can use the hashtag #icanhazpdf on Twitter and combine this with the title of the article or the DOI.
There are more options than the six listed here. You can find them all in the FAQ How can I get PDFs for free?