On 1 May 2015, Wageningen Graduate Schools and Wageningen UR Library will host a workshop on Data Management Plans Policies at Wageningen UR.
In 2014, all chair groups at Wageningen University had to develop a Data Management Policy. Such a policy ensures that all data can be found not only now, but also in the future.
Data Management is fundamental and essential to science. There are many ways to create a policy, and there are many issues to address. The Wageningen Graduate Schools are pleased to invite you to discuss some of these issues in a workshop on Data Management Plans Policy.
Date: 1 May 2015
Time: 3pm to 5 pm
Venue: Impulse, Speaking Corner, building no 115, Stippeneng 2, Wageningen Campus
- Welcome and introduction (Remko Boom, Agrotechnology and Food Sciences)
- Good Data Storage Practice: How to store data, and what are the costs and benefits? (Jacquelijn Ringersma, Wageningen UR Library and Stephen Janssen, IT Servicemanagement)
- Electronic Management of Laboratory Notes: User experiences and available software packages (Reinoud Bouwer, Plant Sciences Group; Jos Sewalt, Agrotechnology and Food Sciences; Hugo Besemer, Wageningen UR Library)
- Research Data: Ownership and rights of use (Ronja Meijer, Corporate Governance and Legal Services and Hugo Besemer, Wageningen UR Library)
- Data Management Policy in Practice: a discussion (Marina Noordegraaf, Verbeeldingskr8)
- Opening of the Data Management Support Hub
- Drinks: 5 pm to 6 pm