The Library and the Plant Sciences Group would like to invite you to a meeting on Open Access publishing. The meetings will be held in Radix on 13 March, 27 March, and 10 April.
Open Access publishing as the new standard: Use your options
Funding organisations are now mandating that researchers publish Open Access for projects they fund. To help its researchers in this endeavour, Wageningen University & Research has made pre-paid agreements for OA with many publishers. Hear about the different options you have to publish peer-reviewed articles Open Access. WUR Library will give you the latest information on OA issues relevant for PSG staff and PhD candidates.
• What is Open Access? Green, gold and hybrid
• Pros and Cons of Open Access Publishing
• Requirements from research funding organizations
• How to choose a suitable Open Access option?
• Where can I get funding for Open Access publishing?
• Quality of Open Access journals and predatory publishers
• Open Access options for Plant Sciences Group journals
Monday, 13 March, 12:30-13:30: Radix W 0.1/0.2. Please sign up before Friday 10 March.
Monday, 27 March, 12:30-13:30: Radix W 0.1/0.2. Please sign up before Friday 24 March.
Monday, 10 April, 12:30-13:30: Radix W 0.1/0.2. Please sign up before Friday 7 April.
Please sign up at firstname.lastname@example.org , Subject ‘OA publishing’. Please let us know the date you'll attend.