The Library and the Social Sciences Group would like to invite you to a meeting on Open Access publishing. The meetings will be held in the Leeuwenborch on 18 April and on 30 May at Wageningen Economic Research in Den Haag.
Open Access publishing as the new standard: Use your options
Funding organisations are now mandating that researchers publish Open Access for projects they fund. To help its researchers in this endeavour, Wageningen University & Research has made pre-paid agreements for OA with many publishers. Hear about the different options you have to publish peer-reviewed articles Open Access. WUR Library will give you the latest information on OA issues relevant for SSG staff and PhD candidates.
• What is Open Access? Green, gold and hybrid
• Pros and Cons of Open Access Publishing
• Requirements from research funding organizations
• How to choose a suitable Open Access option?
• Where can I get funding for Open Access publishing?
• Quality of Open Access journals and predatory publishers
• Open Access options for Social Sciences Group journals
Tuesday, 18 April, 12:30-13:30: Leeuwenborch, room C63.
Tuesday, 30 May, 12:30-13:30: Wageningen Economic Research, Den Haag. Room will be announced soon.
Registration is not required.