The Library is organizing lunch meetings on the possibilities, pros and cons of Open Access Publishing. Some groups, like ESG, have already met with the Library to discuss the Open Access possibilities. Would you like to explore the options for meeting on Open Access publishing at your Science Group or Research Group? Please let us know.
Open Access offers many possibilities to rapidly disseminate your research and the possibilities are growing. The European Union and the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) now require Open Access publishing for projects they fund. In a Library lunch meeting, you learn about the latest practical issues for Open Access publishing such as:
- What is Open Access? Green, gold and hybrid
- Pros and cons of Open Access publishing
- Requirements from research funding organizations
- Where can I get funding for Open Access?
- Quality of Open Access journals and predatory publishers
- Relevant Open Access journals for your group
The presentation and a list of OA-journals for Environmental Sciences: