The Human and Animal Physiology Group is looking for healthy males between the 19-25 and 65-71 years old to participate in a scientific study on muscle health.
What do you have to do:
- After a short screening, visit the university twice for a test day
- 1x (1,5 hr) for muscle tests using near-infrared light and short occlusions of the blood flow
- 1x (1 hr) for a blood sample and muscle biopsy
- During the seven days between the test days you will wear a small motion detector and collect your urine for one day
You are eligible for participation if you:
- Are healthy
- Exercise (+/-) a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 2 hours per week. (Only the times that you change to sports clothes count, not everyday life activities)
- Have a body mass index (BMI) between 18.5-27
- Do not smoke regularly (<5 cigarettes per week)
- Do not use drugs and smoke during the duration of the study
- Did not recently use (up to four months) training supplements
- Do not participate in other studies during the duration of this study
What do you get?
- You will contribute to the research on muscle health and ageing
- A financial incentive of €80
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0317- 482643.