The Library and the Sciences Groups are planning meetings on Open Access publishing for all staff members. The presentations will be held at several locations in and outside Wageningen. Last month 3 presentations were given at the Plant Sciences Group.
Open Access publishing as the new standard: Use your options
Funding organisations are now mandating that researchers publish Open Access (OA) for projects they fund. To help its researchers in this endeavour, Wageningen University & Research has signed pre-paid agreements for OA with many publishers. Hear about the different options you have to publish peer-reviewed articles Open Access. WUR Library will give you the latest information on OA issues relevant for staff and PhD candidates.
Monday, 15 May, 11:45-12.45 pm: Agrotechnology & Food Sciences Group and RIKILT. Impulse, Speakers Corner.
Tuesday, 16 May, 12:30-1.30 pm: Animal Sciences Group. Room to be announced.
Monday, 29 May, 12:00-1:00 pm: Environmental Sciences Group. Room GAIA 1+2.
Tuesday, 30 May, 12:30-1:30 pm: Wageningen Economic Research, Den Haag. Room 4.19/4.20.
Registration is not required.
• What is Open Access? Green, gold and hybrid
• Pros and Cons of Open Access Publishing
• Requirements from research funding organizations
• How to choose a suitable Open Access option?
• Where can I get funding for Open Access publishing?
• Quality of Open Access journals and predatory publishers
• Open Access options for Social Sciences Group journals