The Association of Universities in the Netherlands (VSNU) has reached an agreement with Sage about Open Access publishing. The agreement covers 875 hybrid journals and 166 Gold Open Access journals.
New Sage Journals Included
In the new deal WUR staff and students now have access to 145 extra Sage journals.
The following conditions apply when you publish articles Open Access in Sage journals:
- Corresponding authors must be affiliated with a Dutch university.
- The agreement covers Original Papers, Review Papers, Brief Communications, Continuing Education, Case Reports, Letters to the Editor and Invited Letters.
- Discounts are valid for publications entered into Sage’s production system during the term of this agreement. Open Access discounts cannot be claimed after publication.
- No Open Access article processing charge (APC) for 875 Sage Choice journals.
- A 20% discount on Open Access publishing costs for the 160+ Sage Gold Open Access journals. A special code is required for to claim the discount. You can contact the Library (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive a discount code. You need the code when you have to pay the APC.
WUR Journal Browser
If you want to publish an Open Access article in a specific journal, use the WUR Journal Browser. You can browse through a collection of 36,000 journals.
You can also use the WUR Journal Browser to find journal information about Open Access and its impact, and discounts on APCs.
More information on this agreement can be found at OpenAccess.nl
If you have any further questions, please contact Chantal Hukkelhoven.