On Wednesday, April 18th, noon to 5 pm, PPP-SERA in cooperation with the European Polar Board (EPB) will organize a PPP-SERA Open Session in The Hague, Netherlands. The meeting will be hosted by the European Polar Board. The Societal and Economic Research and Applications subcommittee (PPP-SERA) addresses the social-science and economics aspects of the Polar Prediction Project (PPP).
The aims of the PPP-SERA Open Session include:
- Sharing developments and insights from the Polar Prediction Project and the social science agenda during the Year of Polar Prediction (YOPP),
- To provide perspectives on the role and value of Weather, Water, Ice and Climate (WWIC) services from a range of maritime sectors,
- And to exchange ideas on the societal value of enhanced WWIC services.
Lunch and refreshments are sponsored by the Environmental Policy Group of Wageningen University.
Anyone is welcome to join. Please see attached the agenda with more information on the PPP-SERA Open Session, including invited speakers.
- European Polar Board, NWO
- Laan van Nieuw Oost-Indië 300, 2593 CE
- The Hague, Netherlands
- click here for travel information