The SFX button becomes visible as soon as the literature has been found via the Wageningen Desktop Library. Databases with SFX include the Wageningen Catalogue, Web of Science, SCOPUS and CSA or Silverplatter bibliographies (WebSPIRS).
What is SFX?
Technically, SFX is based on the Open URL standard. The aim is to link the user directly to the required sources. For users of the Wageningen Desktop Library SFX is a collection of availables services for the literature found. The button can access:
- The full text if available
- An electronic table of contents via ToC-alert if available
- The abstract if available
- Data about the location of the library where the printed version is available
- Requests for photocopies (also from other libraries in the Netherlands or abroad)
- Adding the link of the document concerned to the list of Personal Shortcuts in My Library
- Searching on the Internet, based on selected keywords using a choice of search engines.
- Once you have logged into My Library, the SFX button can also be used outside Wageningen UR, for example from your place of work or even in another country. Click here for more information.