Thirty-five participants registered for the course ‘Gut Health in pigs and poultry’, that took place on May 30. In this article, a brief description of the course programme.
The course leader, prof. dr Wouter Hendriks, opened the course and announced interesting speakers for the day. Below an overview of the program from the course is shown, in which English was the official language.
- Enhancing the power of the immune system in pigs and poultry
Prof.dr H.F.J. (Huub) Savelkoul, Wageningen University & Research
- Interplay of Gastro-Intestinal Microbiota with its Animal Host
Prof.dr H. (Hauke) Smidt, Wageningen University & Research
- Lessons learned from immune modulatory interventions in poultry
Dr A. (Aart) Lammers, Wageningen University & Research
- The intestinal innate immune response, mechanisms and implications for feed composition and feed additives
Prof. dr T.A. (Theo) Niewold, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
- Effect of the diet on intestinal health in pigs and poultry
Dr A.J.M. (Alfons) Jansman, Wageningen Livestock Research
- Intestinal health: what is there to add?
Prof. dr G.P.J. (Geert) Janssens, Universiteit Gent
The course day finished with network drinks which provided the opportunity for course participants, course lecturers and course leader to network and discuss the course.
A couple of reviews from participants:
Question: Did the course meet your expectations?
- ‘Yes, I was very pleased with all the explanations of the immune system and how it has been linked with the gut microbiome. The examples provided in the different presentations and the discussion that arises were valuable’
- ‘Yes, Excellent blend of theory and practical across all papers’
- ‘Yes, I’m so happy to have had a nice overview on immunoly in the gut’
This was the fourth successful edition of the course Gut health in pigs and poultry. Potential participants for the next edition, planned at May 2018, can register on our website. These potentially interested obtain, free of obligation, a precedence status and are directly informed if the definite date is known.
Question? Feel free to contact Program Manager Maarten van Rees.