The following conditions apply:
- Position for 1 year, 0.8 full time equivalent (fte), at the level of junior staff (just below PhD)
- Tasks consists of 0.4 fte developing a PhD research proposal to be submitted, and 0.4 support of ENP staff with education and other tasks.
- Applications will only be possible with the full support of one of the staff or post-doctoral members of ENP (see http://www.wageningenur.nl/enp for details)
- The proposals will be ENP proposals, not the candidates’: resulting PhD work should be executed within our chair group.
- After 12 months year a go/no-go decision will be made on the candidate’s position
To apply write a brief proposal of one to two A4 pages for the position, introducing yourself, the topic of your eventual PhD proposal and your motivation to fulfill the supporting education and management tasks. The proposal should be approved by a member of the ENP staff before submission. Candidates are invited for a job interview with three ENP members - two staff and one PhD student. Your successful application will be based on your academic transcript, including at least an 8.5 for your thesis, and your motivation and ideas for a PhD research topic. We do not expect fully developed ideas and proposals yet. Preference will be given to recent graduates from ENP.
Supervision of the position will be assigned to one (senior) staff member who will assist in the development of a full proposal over the duration of the 12 month position. The final decision on a go or no-go for the candidate will be made by the Chair of the group after consulting the supervisor. The go- no-go decision will be made after one year, with no delay accepted.
The starting date for the position will be in November 2018, depending also on the availability of the candidate selected.
Applications should be emailed before the 10th of October 2018 to Corry Rothuizen (email@example.com). If you have any questions about the position please contact Simon Bush (Ph. 0317483310).