Vacancy student-assistant Project: “The Social Nature of Global One Health”
Are you interested in the various ways how social sciences and life sciences can collaborate in (multi/interdisciplinary) research, and how they can learn from one another? We are hiring a social sciences student-assistant for our project “The Social Nature of Global One Health”. The project involves making a systematic inventory of the role of social sciences components in eight research projects that have been carried
out at Wageningen University & Research.
The work encompasses:
- a systematic analysis of research proposals in Global Health
- interviews with project leaders (preparing, planning, doing, reporting)
- developing an overview/typology of research connections
- present the overview in a research symposium
- co-organizing a workshop during the symposium in which participants apply the typology to a specifc problem area in Global One Health
The work is done under supervision of an enthusiastic team, including Lenneke Vaandrager and Caro-Lynn Verbaan (Health & Society), and Marcel Verweij (Philosophy). The duration of the project is four months (July – October) for +/- 20-22 hours per week. If you are interested, the work can be extended to form the basis for your MSc thesis.