To achieve this objective, we organize lectures, master classes, and outreach activities. Additionally, representatives of the WYA participate in committees dealing with the policy and vision of our University. Current and past topics include tenure track, strategic plans, chair groups plans, diversity and inclusion, etc.
Are you a young scientist who would like to join us?
Eligible candidates should
• A primary affiliation at Wageningen University.
• A strong motivation to contribute to the academic quality of the University.
• A clear independence in their scientific career.
• An interest in exploring beyond the borders of their own discipline and in interacting with researchers from other fields.
How to apply
If you would like to join the WYA, please submit a single PDF with a letter of motivation and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your letter, please address, but do not limit yourself to, the following points:
1. Why do you want to join the WYA?
2. What will your contribution to the WYA be?
3. What is your research about? And why is your research exciting?
- The deadline for application submission is 2 January 2017.
- Applicants selected for a short interview will be notified by the end of January.
- Short interviews will be held during the evening of 9 February 2017. (Please reserve this evening in your agenda, and please mention in your letter of motivation if you are absolutely unavailable.)