Implementation of an analytical workflow for the detection of pesticides’ glycosides in plant origin commodities
The primary objective of the present internship proposal will be the implementation of an analytical procedure for the determination of the main pesticide metabolites in plant origin samples. Pesticide metabolites are regulatorily relevant, and as such, the optimisation of analytical methods for their detection is of high priority. As an intern, you will be involved in various fundamental aspects related to Research and Development.
Availability for approx. 4-5 months starting from September 2023.
What we offer
We offer an interesting and challenging first internship position in the pesticides team at Wageningen Food Safety Research, providing you the opportunity to develop yourself in the analytical chemistry field.
Your main tasks will be:
- Experiment and validation planning;
- Sample preparation;
- Optimisation of mass spectrometry parameters for new target compounds of interest;
- Analysis of samples by the use of liquid chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry;
- Data processing and data evaluation;
- Report generation.
- Educational background in analytical chemistry (BSc, HLO);
- Enthusiastic, driven student;
- Exact and reliable attitude;
- Able to communicate in English.