The Course Arabic (Halfway to A1) focuses on Arabic writing. You will learn to read and write it. The course also focuses on cultural aspects and current developments in Arabic speaking countries. All the exercises are focused on practical and realistic situations. The course is conducted in English.
You do not need any prior knowledge of Arabic to take part in this course.
Level on completion
On completion of this course, you will be able to do the following at CEFR-A1 level:
- read and write Arabic script;
- recognize a number of basic words and expressions;
- recognize familiar words and basic sentences;
- understanding familiar names, words and simple sentences;
- pose and answer simple questions
This eight-week course meets once a week for an hour and a half. Participants are also expected to spend at least 2 to 3 hours on individual study each week.
- The lessons take place on WUR campus, in the Forum building.
Date and time
This course will be offered again in October 2018.
- Gateway to Arabic 1*
* You can buy this book in the WUR-shop in the Forum building on the Wageningen University & Research Campus.
If you have met the 80% attendance requirement, you will receive a certificate from Wageningen in'to Languages on completion of the course.
|BSc/MSc WUR Student*||€ 90*|
|WUR Employee||€ 238|
- Excluding course material and resit.
- We only accept payment by debit or credit card.
* This price only applies to students able to present a signed form. Students pay € 90 if this language course is necessary for an internship/ thesis abroad. The internship/ thesis is part of the student’s prescribed study programme/ approved set of MSc examination subjects. The student pays € 90 for this course to Wageningen in’to Languages. The chair group has to declare to pay the remaining amount of € 175.
Prior to registration
If you are not sure whether this course is right for your level, you can make an appointment for a no-obligation phone intake interview with one of our teachers.