Climate change poses high risks to the agri-food business. We offer climate risk assessment services to stakeholders in the value-chain, so they can better understand the likely impact of climate change on their business. Recognising the problem, identifying climate risks in the value chain and responding with adaptation measures can help agri-food businesses to minimise risks and strengthen their climate resilience.
- Tailored climate change projections
- Assessment of the impact of climate change on water availability and crop production
- Assessment of climate risks and opportunities
- Translation of climate risks into business risks and opportunities
- Visualisation of climate change information
- Crop yield forecasting
Our track record
Wageningen Environmental Research is leading the climate risk assessment of 12 crop value chains, including sesame, soybeans, potatoes, sunflower, common beans and green grams. Regionalised and tailored climate change projections are being developed and inform the assessment of climate change impact on water availability and crop production.