Developing basic practices to enhance your language development.
Knowing how you can help yourself improve your English is an indispensable skill when working and studying in an English-speaking environment.
This awareness workshop is designed to provide you with good future practices to use and enhance your English language development and to help you avoid the common pitfalls of language stagnation and fossilising errors.
This workshop is offered by Wageningen Graduate School (WGS).
Non-Dutch students, Master students, PhD candidates, Postdocs at Wageningen UR who want to improve their English language acquisition skills.
· Become aware of and exploit the input language around you
· Learn how to utilise language resources for your benefit
· Improve the range, appropriateness and quality of your word choice
· Learn about the benefits of chunking and the role it plays in good language production
· Develop basic techniques to acquire more natural English
· Set yourself up with good practices that will benefit your language learning for life
• 90 minutes
Dates and times
2 October 2019, 14.00 – 15.30
No course materials.
Participants will receive a certificate after attending the workshop
PhD candidates of Wageningen University with an approved Training and Supervision Plan (TSP) and Postdocs of Wageningen University who are registered at one of the graduate schools of Wageningen (EPS, PE&RC, VLAG, WASS, WIAS, WIMEK)
All other PhD candidates / Postdocs and staff of Wageningen University
All other participants