The collection of research data by vessel costs a fortune, but the data are poorly used.
The goal of this project is to publish a fish atlas, initially as a book, later the information should become available through the internet.
- Gathering all necessary survey data
- Extensive data quality checks
- Defining the general set-up of the species accounts
- Contacting co-authors for species accounts
- Collecting (photo)material for illustrations
- Review of contributions
- Editing the manuscript
- Contacts with publishers.
- The result is a manuscript of about 500 pages, to be published in 2013.