Develop an approach to a sustainable Taiwanese greenhouse horticulture.
Objectives of the project
- Goals of the public private partnership are:
- To increase local agricultural production in Taiwan
- To promote sustainable horticulture
- To produce top quality agricultural products
- To identify and develop new food products meeting Taiwanese requirements
- Specific goals for this project are:
- Develop of a public-private approach for a sustainable Taiwanese greenhouse horticulture
- Develop a vision on sustainable horticulture in Taiwan
- Facilitate trade and investment between NL and Taiwan
- Develop a sustainable (energyefficient) greenhouse model suitable for Taiwanese conditions
- Contribute to a greenhouse model for (sub) tropical greenhouses
- A 3-year roadmap for a public-private approach for sustainable horticulture in Taiwan.
- Commitment of government (COA, EZ) and private sector in Taiwan and NL for plan and roadmap.
- Conceptual design of a vegetable greenhouse production system, public report: Optimaal kasontwerp voor groenteteelt in Taiwan.
- A demonstration centre with working sustainable greenhouse models for Taiwan and similar climate conditions in SE Asian countries will be built at Tainan DARES, partners have been selected (year 2013-2014)
- A pilot project for supply chain management is started.
- Website: Aandacht voor Nederlandse tuinbouwkennis in Taiwan